GENERAL TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF SALE
Article 1: General provisions
- These Terms and Conditions of Sale apply to bookings of up to 5 rooms at once, made by an individual person directly at the property or via our website.
- These Terms and Conditions cover all the steps required to make a booking as well as the follow up stages.
- The Client acknowledges having read and accepted the present Terms and Conditions of Sale.
- The Terms and Conditions herein apply to any online booking.
- The Client hereby undertakes to abide by and ensure that others abide by all the provisions hereunder and to comply with any legal or regulatory provisions.
- The Terms and Conditions herein shall prevail over any other Terms and Conditions of Sale, unless otherwise agreed by the property.
Article 2: Capacity
- The Client hereby certifies that she or he is legally capable of entering into a binding contract, i.e. that she or he is not a minor or currently a ward of court or under tutelage.
Article 3: Booking
- Booking prices are displayed prior to and during the booking process.
- Prices are per room (for private rooms) or per bed (for shared rooms) for the selected number of persons and date or dates.
- Prices are displayed including tax, in the currency normally in use at the hotel, and apply for the period specified on the web site.
- Prices do not include city tax. The city tax must be paid at the hotel upon arrival (0,88 € per person and per night from January 1st, 2018).
- All bookings are payable in the local currency in use at the hotel, wherever the booking may have been made, unless otherwise specified on the premises.
- Currency conversion rates are not binding and are provided for informational purposes only. Only amounts given in the currency used for the booking are guaranteed (if the currency differs from the one used by the hotel, any exchange differentials shall be on the client’s account).
- Unless otherwise specified, additional services (breakfast, half-board, full board…) are not included in the price.
- Prices are based on the VAT rate applicable on the day of the transaction and any changes in the VAT rate shall be automatically reflected in the prices applied on the billing date.
- Any tax changes or new taxes implemented by the legal or regulatory authorities shall be automatically reflected in the prices applied on the billing date.
- Other taxes may be added to the price according the country or town. The Client hereby undertakes to settle with the property any taxes that may be due, unreservedly and without recourse.
- Any booking for more than 8 people is considered to be a group booking. Please fill out the form on the group part of our website. The hostel has the right to cancel your booking at anytime if you do not contact the hostel before making a group reservation.
Article 4: Cancellation
- Clients are hereby reminded that pursuant to article L. 121-20-4 of the French Consumer Code, they are not entitled to a right of withdrawal under article L. 121-20 of the Consumer Code.
- The conditions of sale applicable to the special rate specify the conditions under which bookings may be modified or cancelled.
- Prepaid bookings may not be modified or cancelled. Deposits will not be refunded. This will be specified in the terms and conditions of sale for the special rate.
- If provided for by the terms and conditions of sale for the special rate: – clients wishing to cancel or modify their booking should contact the property, exclusively by email, 48 hours prior to arrival (Paris time). The property will send back an email with the confirmation of the cancellation. If less than 48 hours, cancellation fees will be applied.
- In the case of a booking made at the hotel itself, clients wishing to interrupt their stay (premature departure) will be billed for the night following their departure unless 24 hours notice has been given. Deposits will not be refunded.
- Unless otherwise specified, rooms are made available at 15.00 on the day of arrival and must be vacated by 11.00 on the day of departure. After 11.00, the client will be billed for an extra night’s stay.
Article 5: Terms of payment
Payment for all services must be made directly to the hotel (except in the case of prepaid bookings).
Payment on the web site shall be by credit or debit card, via a secure payment system
- To guarantee their booking, clients must provide their credit or debit card details (card number with no space between the digits, date of validity and encryption code) in the appropriate box (via secure SSL encryption), unless the booking is subject to special conditions or a special tariff.
- Actual payment will be made at the hotel, except in the case of special conditions or tariffs when prepayment may be required for online bookings. Such prepayments shall be deemed to constitute a deposit.
- When the tariff requires online prepayment, the deposit will be debited at the time of the booking.
- On prepayment, the debited amount includes: the room price, accommodation taxes, breakfast if required, any taxes on catering service and any additional services selected by the Client.
- In the event of a no show (no cancellation but client does not check in) following a booking guaranteed by a credit or debit card, the hotel shall be entitled to charge the Client for the first night and debit the card provided as a guarantee.
- On your arrival at the hotel, reception will ask you to show the credit card used for prepayment.
- Payments can be made by cash, credit or debit card. No extra fees will be added for payment via credit or debit card.
Article 6: Relocation
- Should the property be unable to accommodate the Client due to force majeure, exceptional circumstances or technical problems, the hotel shall make every effort to find alternative accommodation, whenever possible in a hotel rated in the same category or higher. Any additional accommodation costs (surcharge) shall be for the hotel’s account.
- The property shall not be held liable towards the Client if the property fails to meet its obligations due to force majeure. Force majeure or exceptional circumstances shall be interpreted according to case law as recognized in French Courts.
Article 7: Hotel rules
- As specified under French regulations, clients are required to provide the hotel with identification on checking in. Non-French nationals must complete an identification form for the police authorities.
- The Client hereby undertakes to use the room with all due care and attention. If a Client’s behavior is deemed to be inappropriate or may constitute a public order offense, especially within shared rooms, the hotelier may ask the Client to leave the hotel without indemnification and without reimbursement in the case of a prepaid booking. This cancellation will prevail over any other reservation made, by any other channel, as well as any other general conditions of sale.
- The hotel shall not be deemed liable in the event of theft of, loss of or damage to the Client’s property during their stay at the hotel.
- The Client shall be held liable for any damage, willful or otherwise which may occur due to their occupation of the premises and/or due to participants and/or personnel under the Client’s responsibility, and for any damage resulting from the use of the Internet network (loss of data, virus attacks, service down).
- Children under 18 must be accompanied by an adult or present parental consent.
- Children under 2 will stay in their parents’ room with no extra fees (baby crib available on request).
- There is no capacity for extra beds in the room.
- The maximum duration of a stay in the property is 7 days, consecutive or not, over a period of 1 year.
Article 8: Complaints
- Any complaints must be addressed by email at email@example.com, within 15 days of departure from the property. No complaints shall be admissible beyond that deadline.
Article 9: Liabilities
- Photographic illustrations displayed on the web site are not legally binding. Although every effort is made to ensure that photographs, graphic illustrations and texts describing the hotels on the web site provide an accurate portrayal of the accommodation on offer, variations are liable to occur, in particular due to the renewal of furniture and other refurbishments. Clients may not enter any claims due to such changes.
- The property cannot be held responsible for the non-performance or improper performance of the booking in the event of force majeure, actions of third parties, actions of the customer or of its partners, such as unavailability of the Internet, impossibility to access to the website, external intrusion, computer viruses, or in case of prepayment not authorised by the cardholder’s bank.
- The property shall be held harmless for any consequential damage resulting from these Terms and Conditions, namely loss of business, whether due to a third party, to the Client or to the Client’s partners.
- Hypertext links citing the property name may lead to other sites than the website of the property therefore accepts no liability regarding the content of such other sites or the services therein offered.
- Any booking or payment which may prove to be improper, ineffective, incomplete or fraudulent due to the Client’s actions or behavior shall result in the cancellation of the booking for the Client’s account, without prejudice to any civil or criminal proceedings which may be undertaken against the Client.
- The property reserves the right to close down its website or the online booking area, temporarily or permanently, without notice or indemnification.
- The property shall be held harmless for any damage whatsoever due to such changes and/or due to the temporary or permanent closing down of all or part of the web site or of the services therein, such as the online booking area.
Article 10: Intellectual property
- The property holds all intellectual property rights pertaining to its website.
- Unless otherwise agreed in writing by The property, it is hereby expressly forbidden to copy, make commercial use of, transmit or otherwise in any way use, in whole or in part, any item whatsoever present on the web site, or even a link towards the web site.
Article 11: Electronic data and civil liberties
Pursuant to French Law 78-17, known as the « Electronic data and civil liberties » law, clients are notified that their booking is subject to the processing of personal electronic data. Users may access and modify any data entered in the system, by contacting the company’s head office. No personal data is forwarded to any third party.
- Data requested from the Client are required to process the Client’s order and to send information on the property’s products and services. Such data shall be made available to the property, to its entities, and to the technical service provider with regard to the hotel booking service. Failure to supply the data will prevent the property from registering the booking.
- Any Client who makes a booking via the website is liable to receive an electronic version of the property’s Newsletter, promotional offers, and a satisfaction questionnaire relating to their latest stay at the property, unless they expressly refuse such services.
- Clients may refuse to allow their personal data to be used for commercial purposes. Clients may discontinue their subscription to the property’s electronic mailing services at any time simply by clicking on the „unsubscribe“ link at the end of each message.
- Clients are hereby informed that any personal data collected hereunder will be processed automatically under the responsibility of the property.
- All personal data collection forms indicate by an asterisk which of the data items are mandatory.
Article 12: Evolution and modification of the terms and conditions of sale online
- The Terms and Conditions of Sale Online hereunder may be modified and/or updated by the property from time to time. In this event, the property shall display the amended Terms and Conditions of Sale on its website. The amended Terms and Conditions of Sale Online shall be automatically applicable to any Client as soon as they are posted to the property’s website.
Article 13: Litigations
- The establishment’s current General Conditions of Sales are regulated by French law and all contestation of these laws are under the complete jurisdiction of the tribunals upon which the company’s head office depends. The language of reference, for any eventual disputes, is French.
Once connected to the site, you must accept its terms unconditionally in confirmation with the article n°6 of the Law number 2004-575 June, 21st, 2004 for the confidence in digital economy.
Young & Happy Latin Quarter
Dénomination Sociale : Young and Happy Hostelling
80, rue Mouffetard – 75005 Paris – France
RCS PARIS B 330 449 778
FR34 330 449 778 00019
Tél.: +33 (0)1 47 07 47 07
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Site web : www.youngandhappy.fr
4416 Louis B. Mayer – Laval (Québec) H7P 0G1 – Canada
Site web : www.planethoster.net
Young & Happy Latin Quarter
Dénomination Sociale : Young and Happy Hostelling
80, rue Mouffetard – 75005 Paris – France
Site web : www.youngandhappy.fr
The establishment uses all the means at its disposal in order to insure reliable and updated information on its web page. Nevertheless, errors or omissions might occur. The web user must, therefore verify the accuracy of information and report any modifications that he finds useful. The establishment is, in no case, responsible for the use of this information, of any direct or indirect prejudice which could occur.
The users, subscribers and visitors of the establishment’s web site may not install a hyperlink originating from this site without the establishment’s prior explicit authorization.
In the hypothetical case that a user or visitor wishes to install a hyperlink originating from the establishment’s web site, he must submit an email which can be accessed on the website in order to request the installation of a hyperlink. The establishment reserves the right to accept or refuse a hyperlink without justifying its decision.
Services provided: The company’s activities as well as information about us are provided on our website.
The establishment endeavors to provide the web site user with precise information to the greatest extent possible. The data presented on the web site is not exhaustive and pictures are non-contractual. They are presented under the reserve of modifications taking effect since their publication online. Furthermore, all information made available on the establishment’s web site are available on an indicative basis, and are subject to change or to evolution without prior warning.
Contractual limitations on data: The data contained on this web site is as accurate as possible and the site is updated at various times a year, but it might nevertheless contain inaccuracies or omissions. If you observe a deficiency, error or what might be a dysfunction, kindly notify us by mail at the following address email@example.com, describing the problem as precisely as possible (page number where problem is located, computer type and server used).
All downloaded elements are at the user’s own risk and responsibility. Consequently, we are not responsible for any damage sustained by the user’s computer or any data loss as a result of downloading. Moreover, the web site user must commit to logging on the site using recent material, which does not contain a virus and a recent and updated server.
The establishment is not responsible for hyperlinks presented in the context of the present website used to access other websites and resources on the web.
Intellectual property: All contents of the present website, including in a non-limited manner, graphics, images, textual elements, videos, animated material, sound, logos, GIFS and icons as well as their formatting are the exclusive property of the establishment with the exception of trademarks, logos, or contents belonging to other social partners or authors.
All reproduction, distribution, modification, adaptation, re-transmission or publication, even partial, of these different elements is strictly forbidden without the explicit written accord by the establishment. This representation or reproduction by any means whatsoever constitutes counterfeiting penalized by the articles L.335-2 and following the Code of intellectual property. The non-respect of this interdiction constitutes a counterfeit which could engender a civil and penal liability for the counterfeiter. Furthermore, the owner of the Contents copied are entitled to take legal actions against you.
Litigation: The present conditions of the web site are regulated by French law and all contestation or litigations which could come about by the interpretation or execution of these laws is the under the complete jurisdiction of the tribunals upon which the company’s head office depends. The language of reference for any eventual litigation is French.
Personal information: You will not be expected to communicate personal information upon visiting our website.
However, there are certain exceptions to this principle. In reality, for certain services proposed on our web site, you could be asked to communicate certain data such as: your name, your position, the name of your company, your email address, and your telephone number. This is the case if you are filling in the form available online in the section « contact » or upon making a reservation including a request for an estimate. In all cases, you may refuse to provide your personal data. In this case, you may not be able to use the services proposed on the web site, particularly requests for information about our company or receive newsletters.
Finally, we may collect certain data about you automatically throughout your visit to our site, in particular: data concerning the use of our web site, the areas you visit, for example and the services you solicit, your IP address, your server type, the time of your access. Such data is exclusively used for internal statistical uses in order to improve the quality of services offered. The data bases are protected by the legal provisions July 1st 1998 transposing the directive 96/9 of March 11, 1996 relative to the legal protection of database systems.